Seeking a dynamic Executive Director
Arts Access Victoria is seeking a dynamic and strategic Executive Director with lived experience of disability to lead an exciting new phase of the organisation.
Established in 1974, Arts Access Victoria has since become the state’s leading arts and disability organisation, dedicated to an ambitious agenda of social and artistic transformation for people with a disability, the communities in which they live, and the arts sector in which they aspire to participate without barriers. The organisation achieves this vision through: disability led advocacy; the delivery of outstanding community arts and cultural development programs for people with a disability; professional development programs for artists with a disability aimed at securing employment outcomes and best practice industry development initiatives that drive the engagement of organisations across the arts, disability and community sectors.
We are searching for a leader with outstanding strategic and advocacy skills to lead the delivery of Arts Access Victoria’s vision. The Executive Director will embody the values of the organisation and ensure Arts Access Victoria continues to lead a social movement that places people with disability at its centre, by presenting work that challenges and extends notions of who is an artist, how art is made and who it is made for.
- A lived experience of disability
- Demonstrated skills in organisational management including management of people, resources, systems and funding
- An understanding of the cultural context of the arts and disability sector
- Highly developed conceptual leadership and the ability to translate ideas into planning and programming
- Sophisticated communication skills with strong ability to influence others towards personal agency in change
- A high level of personal integrity and commitment to AAV values
Download the complete Executive Director Application Package HERE.
Applications close: 29 September 2017
All inquiries regarding this position should be directed to:
Brad Sadler, Chair, Arts Access Victoria.
Email: [email protected]