Happy Holidays from AAV!
Arts Access Victoria will be closed from 5pm on Thursday 22 December 2016, reopening at 9am on Monday 9 January 2017.
2016 has been a year of tremendous change and growth for Arts Access Victoria; we have challenged ourselves to better articulate what we offer to people with disability that is unique and necessary in both the cultural and disability landscape, and to imagine our future, driven by the aspirations, needs and interests of people with disability across Victoria.
Fuelled by an ambitious and bold plan, 2017 will be a year of deeper engagement with people with disability, exciting collaboration with our partners and compelling conversation among the wider community. Among our upcoming projects, we look forward to bringing you:
- Imprint, a storytelling project with the Deaf Indigenous community exploring themes of language and cultural loss and rediscovery
- Bandmates, a project supporting people with disability to participate fully and actively in their communities, one gig at a time
- Revealed, a provocative cabaret project for artists and advocates who refuse to stay behind the curtains
- 12 artistic collaborations with independent artists and arts organisations aimed at building capacity and sharing knowledge
- ARTfinder, an online database of inclusive and accessible arts programs across Victoria
- A range of innovative tools and resources to help the arts and cultural industry grow their awareness and make universal access a reality
We are grateful to our funders and supporters for their continued commitment to Arts Access Victoria; to our partners with whom we the share the journey towards a more equitable and egalitarian society; and, of course, our artists who are the driving force for change in our organisation and across the sector.
Here is to another wonderful year of change, creativity and cultural transformation in 2017!