Having a Say presenter EOI open
Valid invites people with disability and disability groups to express their interest in presenting, performing or running a Come & Try activity at the Having a Say conference in 2017.
The Having a Say conference, which will be held from 8–10 February 2017 at Deakin University in Geelong, helps people to find their voice, to speak up, to be heard and to be respected.
The 2017 Having a Say Conference will be all about the Six Powers of Strong Self Advocacy.
- Self Expression: being able to express your feelings and assert your opinions
- Self Determination: to make decisions for yourself and make plans about your own life
- Self Confidence: to take responsibility for asserting your rights and the rights of others
- Self Reliance: to do things for yourself whenever you can
- Self Development: to have goals and dreams and to be able to achieve them
- Self Esteem: to feel good about yourself and believe you can make a difference
It is important to note that we receive more EOI than there are spots available in the Program. Make sure that you read the priorities (who gets in first) on the EOI form.
EOI close on the 31st of August 2016 (extensions are available)