Open Your Eyes: Disability Awareness
Open Your Eyes is an engaging 3 1/2 hour program that uses creativity and collaboration to transform access and inclusion in the arts.
Be prepared to think about disability and access in new and different ways, and to explore real scenarios with other participants. Leave confident about what change you can make at your work workplace, and knowledgeable of the extensive resources available to you.
An Open Your Eyes training workshop can be tailored to meet the needs of a particular production, event or focus such as, general disability awareness, customer service, festivals, volunteers, or something else.
A session may include:
- Exploring and understanding its social context of disability
- Understanding barriers to participation and how the arts can ‘open doors’ for all
- Knowing your legal obligations and understanding what this means for your organisation
- Exploring the creative case for inclusion, beyond compliance
- Learning about attitudes and interacting with confidence
- Understanding Universal Access and access services
- Equipping yourself for immediate action with practical strategies, tools and resources
Our facilitators are artists with disability, who are highly trained and committed to equality. Their lived experience adds enormous richness to discussion, delivering training workshops that are bold, contemporary and creative.
Get in touch
If you'd like to open doors to new audiences and transform the way you engage people with disability, email [email protected] or phone (03) 8699 8299 for more information and to book your training session.
Header image: Collisions, The Delta Project, 2013. Photo by Pippa Dodds.