The SRS Studios program is an opportunity for people from residential services to engage with art-making in a professional studio environment with high-quality materials and industry level advice.
We operate 10 studios in Supported Residential Services (SRS) across Melbourne.
Our workshops focus on the process of art-making. We offer a broad range of skills and techniques as well as different genres, approaches and styles that participating artists can learn about.
Our studios offer people choice; Choice in how they make art, in what way they choose to make art and how they wish to develop as an artist. While in the studio, each participating artist is given a choice in how they participate, be it through:
- Observation (watching other people make art)
- Hands-on art-making
- Refining established skills (many people come with existing skills they wish to build upon, rediscover and/or explore in the studio)
- Trying new skills/mediums
- Talking about their process and ideas
- Researching art practice by looking through books, journals and other resource materials for reference or through seeing local exhibitions
We offer support to participating artists, as well as encouraging their own independence and autonomy in decision-making while making art.
For more information about the SRS Studios, please contact Rachel Edward, Coordinator/Creative Producer of SRS studios on (03) 9699 8299 or email [email protected]
The SRS Studios Program is supported by funding from the Australian and Victorian Governments through the HACC program. and Commonwealth Home Support Program.