Artstop is a visual arts studio based in Brunswick. Join Artstop to develop new skills in a relaxed environment. This is a place for you to make art, connect with your peers and present your work in public outcomes.
Angela Blazevic , Natures Light, Acrylic on canvas, 2023.
Timeline and Dates
Artstop follows the Victorian school term timetable. This means Artstop runs for 4 terms a year. Each term is roughly ten weeks.
Each session is three hours long. We encourage you to stay for the full session. You can take as many breaks as you need. There is a kitchen where you are welcome to make tea and coffee.
Art Forms Studio Works With
Artstop is a Visual Arts Studio. you will be able to work with any visual arts medium that does not require specialty equipment like kilns, or chemicals.
What We Provide
We provide basic art supplies. We encourage you to bring your own, especially if you are working on a particular medium or project. Materials we provide include:
- paper in different sizes
- drawing and painting materials
- recycled materials ready for repurposing
One of the best parts of Artstop are the facilitating artists and arts support workers. They are all established artists with many years of experience. They will be able to:
- Provide artistic support
- Help you create and achieve goals – both long-term and short-term
- Work with you to develop an individual pathway program for you
- Offer insight into Melbourne’s artistic communities
- Help you find opportunities
- Share their experience
Why You Should Join
If you like making art as a hobby or want to turn your art-making into a full-time career Artstop can help you.
Artstop is full of artists with different interests, experiences, and artistic wants. We pride ourselves in supporting everyone’s different needs and access.
The main focus of Artstop is individual practice. But throughout the year there will be opportunities to work as a group.
Some examples of the support and opportunities you will get at Artstop are:
- Learn new skills and techniques
- Regular check-ins on personal artistic goals
- Develop and prepare works for public outcomes
- Apply for external public exhibition opportunities
- Work with your studio peers and the Little Projection Company to create an annual public projection
- go on outings to experience art throughout the year
- Learn and network with artists at all career levels.
The Studio Venue
Artstop’s studio is behind the Brunswick Uniting Church building. There is a kitchenette and accessible bathroom. We have secure storage for artworks in process. Please be aware the storage space is small. We have a break-out room inside the church you can use.
Community group Olive Way provides a free lunch to people in need inside the church building. Any Artstop artist is welcome to eat lunch there.
The Brunswick Uniting Church is on Sydney Road. The 19 Tram’s stop 21 is 150 meters away from the church. You can also take the Upfield train and get off at Brunswick station. the station is 400 meters away.
if you would like to join Artstop or would like more information please contact Milly Cooper (Coordinator/ Creative Producer of Artstop studio).
How to Contact Us
- Fill out the form at the bottom of this webpage
- Email Milly Cooper at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Milly Cooper 03 8640 6019 (voice only)
- Phone AAV Reception 03 9699 8299 (voice only)/ 0401 224 864 (text or voice) and ask for Milly Cooper
The studio space is fully accessible with an accessible bathroom. Staff are professional artists as well as trained support staff. We will work with you to make sure your access needs are covered.
Recent Exhibitions, Performances and Screenings
Shining a light into the darkness (2023) – exhibition at Coburg School House Studio
This is Us (2022) – collaboration with the Little Projector Company and the Olive Way
Visible/invisible (2019) – collaboration with the SRS studios