SRS Studio Maidstone
Weekly arts sessions specifically for Deaf and Disabled artists, people who dont have access to NDIS funding
SRS Studio Maidstone is a great space to explore different art forms and connect with other artists in a welcoming environment.
Timeline and Dates
SRS Studio Maidstone follows the Victorian school term timetable. This means it runs for 4 terms a year. Each term is roughly ten weeks.
Each session is three hours long. We encourage you to stay for the full session. You can take as many breaks as you need.
Art Forms Studio Works With
The Studio is a multi-art form studio. You will have the opportunity to explore new art forms/mediums/practices through guest artists. We will tailor the program to the interests of the attending artists.
What We Provide
We provide basic art supplies and you are welcome to bring your supplies, especially if you are working on a particular medium or project.
The basic supplies we provide include:
- paper in different sizes
- drawing and painting materials
- recycled materials ready for repurposing
We will add to and change the materials depending on the art forms and medium. For example: fabric and textiles for soft sculpture, recording equipment for sound and music or iPads for digital art.
One of the best parts of the SRS Studio Maidstone is the facilitating artists and arts support workers. They are all established artists with many years of experience. They will be able to:
- Provide artistic support
- Help you create and achieve goals – both long-term and short-term
- Work with you to develop an individual pathway program for you
- Offer insight into Melbourne’s artistic communities
- Help you find opportunities
- Share their experience
Why You Should Join
SRS Studios Maidstone is for you if like making art as a hobby or want to turn your art-making into a career. Some examples of the support and opportunities are:
- Learn new skills and techniques
- Regular check-ins on personal artistic goals
- Develop and prepare works for public outcomes
- Apply for external public exhibition opportunities
- go on outings to experience art throughout the year
- Learn and network with artists at all career levels.
The Studio Venue
The studio space is fully accessible with an accessible bathroom. There will be a main studio and breakout spaces. The Community Centre has many places to relax including a Community Garden and Botanical Gardens. The gardens can be accessed directly from the art studio.
Maidstone Community Centre is 500 Meters from the 216 and 220 Buses.
if you would like to join the SRS Studio Maidstone or would like more information don’t hesitate to get in touch with Email Rachel Edward (Coordinator/ Creative Producer of SRS Studios).
How to Contact Us
- Fill out the form at the bottom of this webpage
- Email Rachel Edward at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Rachel Edward 03 8640 6012 (voice only)
- Phone AAV Reception 03 9699 8299 (voice only)/ 0401 224 864 (text or voice) and ask for Rachel Edward
The studio space is fully accessible with an accessible bathroom. Staff are professional artists as well as trained support staff. We will work with you to make sure your access needs are covered.
Maidstone Community Centre is a Recharge Point. This means you can charge your wheelchair and scooter battery there.
SRS Studios is in partnership with Maidstone Community Centre and is proudly funded by the Victorian Government through the Department of Families Fairness and Housing.