The inaugural Arts Access Victoria Amplify Award
The Amplify Award winner receives $3000 and a rehearsal package.
Established to shine a light on and recognise the contributions made by Deaf and Disabled musicians in the past 12 months, this award is long overdue and rewards the winner with $3000 cash from Arts Access Victoria and a rehearsal package from Bakehouse Studios.
“The Amplify Award has emerged out of recent engagement between the disabled music community and Music Victoria and responds directly to an identified need. We are delighted to back Music Victoria’s leadership in this space, and to come on board as a financial sponsor. We can’t wait to be bowled over with submissions.”
– Caroline Bowditch, CEO, Arts Access Victoria
The award will be assessed by a peer panel of judges, who will each be paid an honorarium for their role in the process.
Applications are open now and close 11:59pm on Friday 20 August 2021.
Shortlisted nominees will be published on Friday 3 September, with the winner announced at the 2021 Music Victoria Awards at the Melbourne Recital Centre.
You can nominate yourself or somebody else on the Music Victoria website.
- You must consider yourself a musician.
- Solo musicians must identify as a Deaf and/or Disabled person. Groups/bands must be Deaf and/or disability-led (with creative control).
- You must have been active in the past 12 months (1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021) – this can include rehearsing, performing (live or online), writing, collaborating and/or releasing music.
- Solo musicians must reside in Victoria (residency of backing band is not considered). At least 50% of the group/band must have been living in Victoria for the last two years or use Victoria as a home base.
- You must be a paid Music Victoria Member – Deaf and Disabled musicians can become a paid Essentials member for free with the code “friends” here: https://www.musicvictoria.com.au/membership-account/membership-checkout/?level=1).
- Current Music Victoria and Arts Access Victoria employees are ineligible for this award.
Head over to the Music Victoria website for more information and to submit your application.
If your access requirements haven’t been met whilst applying or you need any support in putting together your application please contact Simone Schinkel, CEO at Music Victoria on 0421 967 349 or firstname.lastname@example.org